Southsea Lifestyle – Free Magazine for Southsea, Old Portsmouth, Eastney & Gunwharf Quays

Queens Hotel

The original Queen’s hotel was known as Southsea House and was built by the architect Augustus Livesay, in 1861. It was then a large private house owned by Sir John and Lady Morris and was later transformed into one of the first hotels in Southsea by William Kemp Junior, this is when it became known as the Queen’s Hotel. The Hotel was rebuilt in 1903, after a fire in 1891, by the architect T.W.Cutler into the splendid building that stands today, complete with its Edwardian baroque style.

Clarence Parade
Osborne Road
Southsea
Portsmouth
Hampshire
PO5 3LJ

P: 02392 822 466
E: events@queenshotelportsmouth.com
W: www.queenshotelportsmouth.com


Posted in: Entertainment, Food & Drink, Southsea Directory, Travel