As a skincare formulator professionally and psoriasis sufferer personally, I know the science is right: healthy skin is deeply connected with lifestyle and environmental choices. Imbalance in these aspects of your life can cause everything from premature ageing, to dull complexion and dehydration.
We make a range of natural, vegan skincare products to help improve and maintain your skin. But products can only ever magnify the effects of healthy lifestyle decisions.
Perhaps the biggest controllable factor in getting glowing, healthy skin is diet. For example, acne and blemishes are linked to a high carb, high sugar diet.
Here are my top 5 superfoods for super skin in 2022:
· Flaxseed High in antioxidants and fatty acids, this super grain improves skin texture, tone and overall radiance. I recommend ground flaxseed, as it’s easier for your body to digest. Simply sprinkle onto your daily porridge, cereal, or yoghurt.
· Miso Paste Made of fermented soya beans or grains, such as rice or barley, this versatile paste is great for your digestion and skin. It’s packed with amino acids, peptides and proteins to help support your skin’s function and appearance. Add a little paste to hot water for a salty umami flavoured drink, or add to winter stews, marinades, sauces or dips.
· Seaweed As Portsmouth’s home of natural skincare, we’re passionate about the benefits of seaweed for skin. It’s particularly high in iron, which encourages healthy blood flow, to support a healthy cycle of skin cell renewal. I add seaweed to sandwiches, salads and sauces.
· Spirulina Powder Spirulina is a blue green algae that’s packed with protein, vitamins, iron and probiotics. It is well known for helping to clear troubled skin and give a nice healthy glow. It’s a very versatile ingredient for smoothies, sauces, soups and pancakes.
· Coconut Water Most people who show signs of dry skin are actually, very simply, dehydrated. If you aren’t drinking enough water, no cream or potion in the world is going to beat the dryness. Brimming with Vitamin C, which stimulates collagen production to keep skin firm and plump, coconut water is a tasty, nutritious alternative to plain water.
Keen to know what skincare products will best suit your skin type and needs? Visit www.southseabathinghut.co.uk